Request for AMS Continuing Professional Development Record of Attendance
The American Montessori Society’s view of professional development is wide and we encourage AMS-credentialed Montessorians to take advantage of the many opportunities for relevant learning offered by other organizations, schools, and groups.
Before submitting your continuing professional development event to AMS, please make sure that it adheres to the following guidelines:
Topics that Qualify
- Montessori education and philosophy/pedagogy (including coursework you’ve completed in pursuit of an additional Montessori credential at an AMS-affiliated or other MACTE-accredited teacher education program)
- Child development
- Classroom management
- Education for peace and social justice
- Education policy/public policy
- Education research
- Health, safety, and nutrition (excluding CPR, first aid, or medication administration training; and exercise or yoga classes, unless they are directly related to teaching physical education/yoga to students)
- Leadership skills
- Service learning
- Special education and learning differences
- Technology training that will enhance your use of technology with students or refine your computer skills in ways that will improve your teaching
CPD Hours Calculation
Completed hours may be recorded in terms of contact hours, CPDs, continuing education units (CEUs) and/or credit hours:
- Each hour of professional development will be considered equivalent to 1 CPD hour, unless otherwise noted by the host organization.
- For coursework completed at an accredited college or university, 1 credit hour will be counted as 15 hours of continuing professional development.
- CEUs are counted as equivalent to CPDs, unless otherwise defined within an event’s documentation.