Parents' Role in Supporting & Extending Play - schleich® and Montessori: Part 6
The American Montessori Society is proud to partner with schleich®, the maker of high-quality, hand-painted toy figurines and accessories.
schleich® has put together the full collection of videos conveying the important role schleich® materials can play in Early Childhood Montessori classrooms and homes.
Insights from the Video
In this video, Aubrey Wallen, a mom and Montessori educator, explains the role parents play in supporting purposeful and meaningful play with their kids. Learn more about ways you can be an active observer and support of your child's play with schleich® toys.
- Connect with your children by actively observing how they play
- Offer supportive language to help your child create stories while they play
- Ask open-ended questions and follow your child's lead
- Extend play by introducing new characters and offering new vocabulary where appropriate
- Use schleich® toys to get the gears of play purring
Learn more about ways you can use schleich® toys to apply Montessori principles by following along!
Looking for other videos in this series?
Read Part 1: Why Authentic Toys Matter
Read Part 2: Learning and Playing on the Go
Read Part 3: Toys that Grow with Your Child
Read Part 4: Why Play Matters
Read Part 5: Realistic Details Fuel Play
Want more lesson ideas? Visit www.schleich-s.com/en/US/montessori. Be on the lookout for more videos throughout 2023.
The opinions expressed in Montessori Life are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the position of AMS.