AMS School Membership
AMS school membership supports you, your community, and the Montessori Movement.
Membership in the American Montessori Society—the world’s leading Montessori advocate—is a powerful way to become a part of the collective Montessori Movement.
AMS membership will increase your school’s visibility, unlock a world of professional development and growth for you and your staff, and add significant momentum to the ever-growing Montessori Movement.
Benefits of Membership
AMS is committed to increasing public awareness of Montessori education and promoting its growth. When your school becomes a member, you gain a vital ally, dedicated to helping your school succeed, improving the quality of your Montessori programs, supporting your communications, advancing the professional growth of your staff, and achieving your strategic goals.
Your school membership confers these benefits—including a rich lineup of new benefits, highlighted in bold.
Exposure to a Broad Audience
- A unique School Profile page on the AMS website, with detailed information about your school and programs, along with photos, social media links, and more. A custom URL makes the page easy to share and can serve as a basic webpage if your school has a limited website budget. The page is part of our Find-a-School directory, viewed by over 1 million annually.
- Ability to post open employment opportunities on the AMS website, viewed by Montessori professionals worldwide. Add screening questions, review résumés, and more.
- Opportunities to promote your school’s achievements in Montessori Life magazine, AMS social media platforms, and other select venues.
- For schools on Step 5 and above on the AMS Pathway of Continuous School Improvement (see below), a certificate, suitable for framing, attesting to their participation.
Professional & Educational Development
- The option to enroll in the AMS Pathway of Continuous School Improvement, through which a school-quality coach will work with you 1-on-1 to help you achieve your goals for improving, refining, and sustaining your school’s Montessori programs.
- Eligibility to pursue AMS school accreditation, the highest mark of Montessori recognition achievable.
- A wide array of resources to support your practice, all available upon login.
- Two free AMS group webinars for up to 15 participants each. The webinars are 1.5 hours long and include hours of continuing professional development. (Note: Webinars must be claimed during the current membership year: June 30 – July 1.)
- Verification of teaching credentials from AMS and the National Center for Montessori Education (NCME).
Publications & Management Tools
- A subscription to Montessori Life magazine for all heads of schools at the PLUS membership level: includes both print and new-and-improved digital editions.
- Complimentary survey reports, including Compensation & Benefits, which provide invaluable information for benchmarking.
- Access to unique, members-only resources that support your school and staff.
- Monthly AMS Prism newsletters sent right to your inbox.
- Access to a community networking platform specifically for heads of member schools on AMS Connect.
- A discount for select event registrations for your staff.
- 10% off and exclusive sales at Shop AMS.
- Special rates on all print and digital ads placed with AMS.
- 5% discount on all purchases from Nienhuis Montessori USA, the world’s leading supplier of Montessori materials and furniture.
- Discounted rates for participation in Moneris, an online payment processing program designed specifically for schools.
- Access to more than a dozen specially designed insurance plans, including professional liability insurance, individual and group health plans, term life insurance, home coverage, and GEICO car insurance (not available in MA or NJ).
- Complimentary enrollment in Firestorm crisis management services. Receive a Preparedness Self-Assessment for security and emergency planning and a 1-hour first response consultation with Firestorm’s Crisis STOP®. Log in for more information.
Your school membership supports:
- AMS governance, through your participation in annual elections of the Board of Directors.
- Montessori research and research platforms, including the Journal of Montessori Research a Montessori Research e-Digest, research grants, and the dissemination of research results.
- Our Montessori public awareness campaigns.
- The production of videos you can embed on your own website (no permission is needed).
- Benchmarking of critical school data.
- The development of high-quality professional development experiences and events.
- The training of Montessori teachers and administrators via our affiliated teacher education programs.
- The public policy force of a strong international advocacy organization.
- Representation at the United Nations, Council for American Private Education (CAPE), National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE), and other coalitions that advocate for children and education.
- Our humanitarian aid and peace and social justice initiatives, which benefit communities in-need, worldwide.
The AMS membership year runs from July 1 – June 30.
To renew your school membership: Please complete your annual application by logging in here.
To begin a first-time school membership: Please email us.
School Membership Pricing
Base dues of $15 per student
Minimum/Maximum school dues: $350 minimum/$4,950 maximum per school
- Dues are based on student enrollment.
- Schools with multiple sites: The campus with the largest enrollment is considered the main site. A satellite is an additional site within the same state as the main site but not immediately adjacent to the main school building. A separate application must be submitted for each satellite.
- All school memberships require the head of school to be an AMS individual member at the MembershipPLUS level. Individual memberships for other teaching staff can be added during the school membership application.
- Dues are nonrefundable.