Submit a Workshop Proposal for The Montessori Event 2023
April 12, 2022—The American Montessori Society is now accepting workshop proposals for The Montessori Event, taking place March 16 – March 19, 2023 at the Marriott Copley Place/Hynes Convention Center in Boston, MA. The submission deadline for proposals is Monday, June 20, 11:59 PM (ET).
AMS values diversity and inclusivity and engages the following process for review:
Each proposal is double blind reviewed using a vetted rubric. The first reviewers are completed by members and others with content expertise and and then by Montessori credentialed AMS staff. Proposal submission reviewers are given training and do not see presenter bios or photos.
Qualifications for Workshop Presenters
- Lead presenter must have experience as a presenter (e.g., at a regional conference, in a university setting, etc.).
- For topics related to Montessori curriculum: Credential at the level of target audience (Infant & Toddler, Early Childhood, etc.) and minimum of 5 years of experience in a Montessori classroom at this level.
- For topics related to administration: Minimum of 5 years of experience as an administrator in a Montessori school, an administrator/instructor in a teacher education program, or a professional on the topic.
- For workshops on theory and/or information related to specialized fields: Appropriate degree or advanced studies and minimum of 5 years of experience in the topic field.
- For research workshops: A postgraduate degree and/or supervision by a faculty advisor in a university setting, and experience conducting and presenting research in a professional environment. Action research is also welcome.
- Evaluation criteria: Diversity of speakers and topics will be a critical factor in selecting presenters for The Montessori Event. AMS values diversity and works to ensure the conference represents a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas that is reflective of our AMS membership.
Rules of Participation
- All presenters must be included in your submission. Presenters may not be added after the proposal has been submitted.
- A maximum of 2 proposals may be submitted by any individual, regardless of whether as lead presenter or co-presenter.
- Proposals for commercial purposes will not be accepted.
- Presenters are not permitted to advertise, promote, or sell products or services during their presentations.
- Individuals who receive an acceptance email from AMS must respond by the date specified or their opportunity to present will be forfeited.
- Accepted workshops receive up to 2 complimentary conference registrations, to be used by presenters or panelists participating in that workshop and included in this proposal. Complimentary registrations are not transferable.
- Presenters MUST agree to pre-record their workshop in addition to their in-person presentation. If you cannot agree to these terms, we cannot accept your workshop.
Proposal Writing Workshop
Before you submit your proposal, watch this free webinar from AMS staff members, Gina Lofquist, Melina Papadimitriou, and Jill Segerman. In this informational session, they discuss the process and include tips for writing a strong proposal.