Montessori Lesson Ideas from schleich®: Part 3
The American Montessori Society is proud to partner with schleich®, the maker of high-quality, hand-painted toy figurines and accessories. In this multi-part series, you will learn how real Montessori educators are using schleich® products in their classroom and leave with inspiring lesson ideas for your own school environment.
Lesson Plan from the Video
Light and Shadows
Ideal for ages 4 – 6.
- Tracing animal shadows outside is a fun and creative way to learn about light.
- Shadows can help children see the world and shapes around them in a different form.
- On a sunny day, place your paper outside on a flat surface.
- Gather your materials and your schleich® animals.
- When putting your animals on paper, make sure you place them in a way so that their shadow will be easy to trace.
- Use a marker or pencil to trace the outline of your animal.
Looking for other videos in this series?
Read Part 1: Language on a Farm
Read Part 2: North American Animal
Want more lesson ideas? Visit www.schleich-s.com/en/US/montessori. Be on the lookout for more videos throughout 2022.