Montessori Lessons from Schleich: Part 1
The American Montessori Society is proud to partner with Schleich, the maker of high-quality, hand-painted toy figurines and accessories. In this multi-part series, you will learn how real Montessori educators are using Schleich products in their classroom and leave with inspiring lesson ideas for your own school environment.
Lesson Plans from the Video
Lesson 1: Language on a Farm
Ideal for ages 4 – 6.
- Begin discussing the farm and its many features
- Show students the labels for items found around a farm
- Demonstrate placing labels beside different items located on a farm
- Encourage students to identify and label other items and characteristics found on a farm
- Discuss the purpose and use of each item while labeling
Lesson 2: Geography with Young African Animals
Ideal for ages 3 – 5.
- Begin with a discussion of the characteristics and environment of Africa
- Using picture cards, discuss some of Africa's animal inhabitants
- Place the picture cards in a row for the students to review and identify
- Show the class an animal character that matches a picture card
- Discuss the details and what makes each animal unique in its environment
- Demonstrate how to match the animal character with its picture card
- Encourage students to discuss and then match an animal character of their choosing to a picture card
Looking for Part 2 of the Schleich lesson plan series? Read it here.
Want more lesson ideas? Visit www.schleich-s.com/en/US/montessori. Be on the lookout for more videos throughout 2022.