Montessori Lessons from schleich®: Part 1
The American Montessori Society is proud to partner with schleich®, the maker of high-quality, hand-painted toy figurines and accessories. In this multi-part series, you will learn how real Montessori educators are using schleich® products in their classroom and leave with inspiring lesson ideas for your own school environment.
Lesson Plans from the Video
Lesson 1: Language on a Farm
Ideal for ages 4 – 6.
- Begin discussing the farm and its many features
- Show students the labels for items found around a farm
- Demonstrate placing labels beside different items located on a farm
- Encourage students to identify and label other items and characteristics found on a farm
- Discuss the purpose and use of each item while labeling
Lesson 2: Geography with Young African Animals
Ideal for ages 3 – 5.
- Begin with a discussion of the characteristics and environment of Africa
- Using picture cards, discuss some of Africa's animal inhabitants
- Place the picture cards in a row for the students to review and identify
- Show the class an animal character that matches a picture card
- Discuss the details and what makes each animal unique in its environment
- Demonstrate how to match the animal character with its picture card
- Encourage students to discuss and then match an animal character of their choosing to a picture card
Looking for other videos in this series?
Read Part 2: North American Animals
Read Part 3: Light and Shadows
Read Part 4: Dinosaur Facts
Read Part 5: Diurnal and Nocturnal Animals
Want more lesson ideas? Visit www.schleich-s.com/en/US/montessori. Be on the lookout for more videos throughout 2022.