Montessori & Institutions of Higher Learning
The American Montessori Society is a vigorous advocate for recognition of Montessori education by institutions of higher education. If you have an AMS credential and are pursuing a bachelor’s or a master’s degree, or if you are pursuing Montessori teacher training along with a master’s degree in Montessori education, we call your attention to the following colleges and universities, which will give you credit for what you already have, and offer programs of study that can fulfill your needs and interests.
AMS Credential & College Credit
A credential from the American Montessori Society can help students fulfill credit requirements in select colleges and universities—at no cost.
These institutions offer free transfer credits for AMS credentials to students seeking admission to their bachelor’s degree programs.
These institutions offer free credits for AMS credentials to students seeking admission to their master’s degree programs.
- Chaminade University of Honolulu, Honolulu, HI (online)
- Concordia College, New York, NY
- Endicott College, The Institute for Educational Studies, Beverly, MA (online)
- St. Catherine University, St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN (online)
- Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH (online)
AMS Credential & Master’s Degree in Montessori Education
These institutions offer a master’s degree in Montessori education in conjunction with an AMS credential.
- Barry University, Miami Shores, FL
- Chaminade University of Honolulu, Honolulu, HI
- Chestnut Hill College, Philadelphia, PA
- Lander University, Greenville, SC
- Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, OK
- Saint Mary’s College of California, Moraga, CA
- Westminster College, Salt Lake City, UT
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls, River Falls, WI
- Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
Institutions with Agreements with AMS-Affiliated Teacher Education Programs
These institutions offer university credits and degrees in conjunction with AMS-affiliated teacher education programs. There may be a fee for acquiring the credits.
Non-Degree (Credits or Units)
For information about getting your program or institution listed on this page, contact Abbie Kelly.