The Mathematical Mind
This online professional development bundle takes a deep-dive approach to mathematics education in the Montessori environment, enabling you to establish a solid understanding of Dr. Montessori’s philosophy as it relates to this curricular area.
You will deepen your understanding of how to use Montessori math materials in Early Childhood and Elementary classrooms to support problem solving and healthy brain development, rather than to simply add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Have you had trouble engaging your students in math lessons? This bundle also addresses how to use stories to spark learning and increase student participation. You'll be invited to think about the importance of story and how it aids learning, discuss how story can play a role in learning math, and acquire specific stories you can use in your learning environment.
Finally, we will invite you to take a step back and review the essential manipulative materials necessary to preparing an optimal environment for the children. You will be introduced to supplementary and alternative materials to aid your teachings, and you’ll learn about recent Montessori research outcomes.
Curated by topic
Members save on bundles
This math bundle is comprised of the following online elements:
- The Mathematical Mind (Self-Guided Online Class)
- Using Stories to Teach Math (Webinar)
- Making Choices: Traditional & Supplemental Montessori Materials in Our Classrooms (Webinar)
- Refresh your understanding of Montessori’s philosophy on mathematical education.
- Gain a better understanding of the purpose of Montessori math materials.
- Be able to explain how nurturing a “mathematical mind” supports brain development.
- Gain a deeper appreciation for using story to introduce math lessons.
- Learn the key components of being a good storyteller.
- Understand reasons one might introduce “supplementary” or alternative materials and activities in a Montessori Early Childhood classroom.
- Be conversant about recent Montessori research outcomes.
Individuals (Certificate of Continuing Professional Development for 1 person)
$155/AMS member **Register for free using your complimentary PD voucher.
Organizations (Includes up to 15 attendees; each participant will receive their own login.)**
$610/AMS member organization
*Learn all the benefits of AMS membership.
**If you are registering as a group, you will be prompted to add all of the attendees’ names during purchase (up to 15, including the person who is purchasing the session).
If you register and then cancel, we will be happy to credit your payment toward another webinar of your choice. Credits may not be used toward the cost of on-demand webinars.