AMS Seeks Assistant Manager of Membership
As an Assistant Manager of Membership, you will work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment in which you will act as a liaison between members and AMS.
Timothy J. Purnell, EdD
October 10, 2018
The American Montessori Society (AMS) is the foremost advocate for quality Montessori education, an innovative, child-centered approach to learning. AMS sets the high professional standards that inform Montessori education as practiced in AMS-accredited schools and taught in AMS-affiliated teacher education programs. A not-for-profit membership organization based in New York City, with more than 15,000 members world-wide, AMS is the hub of all things Montessori: an information center for its members, the media, and the public; a voice in the public policy arena; and a mobilizing force for the global Montessori community, through support services, accreditation, credentialing, and affiliation services, research, and professional development events and offerings.
AMS is classified as a 501(c)(3) (i.e., tax-exempt, nonprofit) organization.
AMS envisions a world in which quality Montessori education is widely recognized, highly desired, and accessible to all.
Role: As an Assistant Manager, you will work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment in which you will act as a liaison between members and AMS. You will perform various customer-service tasks including the processing of applications, providing information on AMS member benefits and services, problem-solving, and updating member information with a focus on quality and enhancing the member experience. The work requires a high level of accuracy.
Reports to: Director of Member Services and Membership Manager
Works closely with: Membership Staff
- Aid in the assembly of renewal applications.
- Maintain master school list to ensure that AMS accurately tracks school applications.
- Use AMS database to create and maintain customer records; update information; generate invoices/ receipts; and process memberships. Maintain accurate and timely records of all correspondences with customers in the system.
- Process payments as necessary including the generation of invoices and refunds.
- Generate welcome packets for member schools (cover letter, website log-in instructions, certificate of membership, and member cards).
- Communicate clearly and effectively with schools to ensure that their membership renewal paperwork is submitted in a timely manner
- Respond to member inquiries received by phone and email in a courteous and prompt manner.
- Monthly school invoice mailing
- Mailing membership documents via Stamps, UPS online, and/or DHL,
- Undertake departmental tasks as delegated by Director of Member Services and Membership Manager
- Scan membership documents,
- Share reception responsibilities, heavy contact with members, screening calls to determine member needs and help solve problems. This is an important membership support role.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to greet and work with members in an enthusiastic manner
- Strong customer (member) support skills
- Strong keyboarding/data-entry skills; knowledge of data management systems a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail and organization; ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to shift priorities when circumstances require
- Ability to work as part of a team
Go to http://smrtr.io/MJtn
Upload your résumé and a cover letter describing how your experience relates to the position and your salary requirements
No calls, please
Equal employment opportunities and diversity among its employees are fundamental principles at the American Montessori Society.
The American Montessori Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable laws.