AMS is the collective voice of nearly 13,000 members worldwide. Our largest membership category is made up of individuals: teachers, teacher educators, heads of schools and other school administrators, trustees, parents, and interested friends.
Each AMS member adds strength and vigor to our mission of championing Montessori principles to the greater community.
AMS membership runs from July 1 to June 30, but you may join at any time and pay prorated dues. For more information, e-mail Jessica Carhuapoma or call her at 212-358-1250 x316.
Please join now through our secure server, or download a printable membership form to e-mail to AMS.
We’re pleased to offer the following benefits to our Individual Members:
- A subscription to our quarterly magazine, Montessori Life, available in print and online. (Print edition optional for international members.)
- Our Teachers ListServer, an easy way to ask questions, initiate discussions, and compare notes.
- A Peace ListServer, where you can share ideas about peace initiatives, activities, opportunities, and resources.
- Discounts on AMS brochures and other publications.
- Discount (5%) on purchases from Nienhuis Montessori USA, the world’s leading supplier of Montessori materials and books.
- A discounted subscription to the online bibliography offered by the North American Montessori Teachers Association (NAMTA). The extensive database includes an index to more than 50 Montessori periodicals and Montessori citations from numerous sources.
- Discounted registration fees for AMS conferences, Webinars, and other professional development events.
- Discounted auto insurance through GEICO. (Not available in MA or NJ.)
Services … and More
- Verification of teaching credentials from AMS and the National Center for Montessori Education (NCME).
- Results from the AMS salary survey, conducted every “odd” year.
- Access to more than a dozen, specially-designed insurance plans including professional liability Insurance, individual and group health, plans, term life Insurance, and auto & home coverage.
- An optional tax-sheltered 529 College Savings Plan with no sales charge.
The cost of AMS membership varies for U.S. and international residents.
Read More »