AMS Seeks Manager of Online Learning
For Immediate Release
Contact: Carol Starmack, Deputy Director
Phone: No calls please.
American Montessori Society
116 East 16th Street, New York, NY 10003-2163
January 4, 2016, New York, NY
The American Montessori Society is soliciting applicants for the position of Manager of Online Learning.
The Manager of Online Learning supports the mission of the American Montessori Society by coordinating the design and delivery of high-quality distance learning to Montessori teachers, administrators, teacher educators, (and parents?). The Manager of Online Learning partners closely with AMS senior staff to ensure that online learning and new technologies are effectively integrated into a comprehensive plan for professional development. Within this framework and related business models, the Manager for Online Learning designs instructional materials and supports curriculum development and integration of Montessori content into a variety of web-based platforms. S/he is responsible for managing AMS’ webinar series, building presenters’ competencies in online delivery, and ensuring excellent administrative and technological support for presenters and participants.
The American Montessori Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional and membership association with a mission to provide the leadership and resources to make Montessori a significant and enduring voice in education.
Classification: Full-Time (1.0 FTE); exempt
Reports To:Director of Professional Development
Supervises: Professional Development Coordinator
Works closely with:Senior Director of Teacher Education, Manager of Information Technology, Marketing
Worksite: AMS Office in NYC
Planning, coordination and evaluation. Ensure that online learning and new technologies are effectively integrated into a comprehensive plan for professional development.
- Contribute expertise in online learning to creating a cohesive, integrated plan for profession development.
- Collaborate with senior staff in developing business models and priorities for online offerings including, but not limited, to webinars.
- Manage project timelines and coordinate with presenters and staff to produce deliverables.
- Develop metrics for successful implementation and systems to track and report on them, (i.e., financial goals, enrollments, etc.)
Instructional Design. Collaborate with subject experts to design online programs and courses.
- Partner closely with senior staff (and/or key stakeholders?) to identify topics and presenters for online courses and webinars; (produce course templates?).
- Support content experts in developing curriculum, including learning objectives, course outlines, and related materials.
- Develop multi-media instructional materials that are functional, informative, and consistent with sound instructional design principles.
Educational Technologies. Ensure that web-based platforms and administrative aspects of online delivery.
- Contribute expertise in decision-making regarding technological platforms and delivery mechanisms.
- Coach Montessori educators, staff, and others on the effective use of web-based resources and tools and multimedia technologies to implement in online courses and webinars (using Adobe Connect).
- Provide recommendations for interface design, sequencing of instruction, and online interactions to enhance to participant learning; support implementation.
Webinar Program Management. Ensure that all stages in planning, preparation, delivery and assessment of a robust annual webinar series are implemented in an effective and efficient manner; monitor registrations and financial goals.
- Develop and manage processes for webinar planning and course development in a collaborative manner; produce annual calendar of events with explicit enrollment and financial targets.
- Partner closely with presenters and marketing staff to ensure that marketing strategies and materials are in place to meet or exceed registration goals; oversee registration process.
- Coordinate all aspects of webinar delivery, from communications and orientation for presenters and participants to hosting and moderating to wrap-up and the distribution of evaluations and Continuing Professional Development certificates; ensure production of quality recording.
- Develop and manage webinar library as a key resource for Montessori learning.
- Develop and implement an effective system and for tracking, recording and issuance of continuing professional development (CBD), CEUs and AMS CPD certificates.
- Other duties as requested
- Minimum of three years progressively responsible professional experience designing, developing, and managing online, blended or other technology-mediated instruction
- Knowledge of current and emerging instructional technologies and proven ability to adapt and learn new procedures and software programs; Experienced working with Adobe Connect
- Familiarity with the application of adult learning theory in instructional design
- Track record in working effectively with one on one with content experts and presenters/faculty
- Demonstrated ability to effectively participate in collaborative work groups and teams; skillful in working with diverse groups and managing differences.
- Proven graphic designing experience and multimedia editing a plus
- Extremely detail oriented, organized and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent written, oral, written and communications skills
- Ability to travel; primary worksite is the AMS office in New York City.
- Knowledge of education field preferred; Montessori background and experience a huge plus
Applications and/or inquiries by e-mail only. No phone calls or faxes.
Send resume and cover letter to Carol Starmack, Deputy Director at email@example.com. Please use the email convention Subject Line: Lastname_MgrOnlineLearning.
Please use the same convention for resume and cover letter Lastname_Resume, Lastname_CovLet
The American Montessori Society AMS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable