AMS Seeks Marketing & Communications Coordinator
For Immediate Release
Contact: Carol Starmack, Deputy Director
Phone: No calls please.
American Montessori Society
116 East 16th Street, New York, NY 10003-2163
June 9, 2016, New York, NY—The American Montessori Society is soliciting applicants for the position of Marketing & Communications Coordinator.
The Coordinator supports the work of other staff in the AMS Marketing & Communications Department in developing, implementing, and executing strategic marketing plans across a wide spectrum of areas, including AMS membership, teacher education, school improvement, conferences, and fundraising. In addition, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator plays a lead role in the organization and management of digital assets, as well as in the implementation of messaging across various social networking platforms.
The American Montessori Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional and membership association with a mission to provide the leadership and resources to make Montessori a significant and enduring voice in education.
Classification: Full-Time (1.0 FTE), Monday – Friday, 40 hours/week, Non-exempt
Worksite: Based at the AMS office in NYC (Union Square area)
Reports to: AMS Senior Director of Marketing & Communications with direction from the AMS Marketing & Communications Manager
- Writes/edits website content, flyers, and other materials as needed
- Generates content for AMS social media platforms (currently Facebook, Twitter) according to articulated criteria, and responds to community queries and comments
- Handles web edits and maintenance
- Leadership with e-mail marketing campaigns including content creation, sending of e-mails, and ensuring clean data for recipient lists.
- Assists with e-mail marketing campaigns and ensures clean data for e-mail lists
- Manages digital lists including queries
- Liaises with mail house, takes leadership with outreach to expand direct mail
- Creates reports on web activity and outcomes of e-mail campaigns (traffic patterns, open and bounce rates, etc.)
- Responsible for digital asset and list management, including list queries and monitoring media storage
- Supports the creation and maintenance of all e-commerce functions and retail operations
- Executes other tasks and duties relevant to the position, as they emerge
- Excellent writing skills (technical, marketing, creative)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience crafting strategic messages that support organizational marketing goals, as well as non-marketing, editorial content
- Ability to nuance messages to align with varied target interest groups
- Competent in all applications within the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to meet deadlines, work as part of a team, and balance multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, particularly if in a relevant field such as Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or Graphic Design
- Ability to think creatively and generate original content
- Flexibility to take on additional tasks, as needed
- Experience updating a website; familiar with HTML and CSS; experience with Sitecore content management system
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with e-mail service provider (such as Mail Chimp or Constant Contact)
- Experience with graphic design
Applications and/or inquiries by e-mail only. No phone calls or faxes.
Using the subject line “Marketing & Communications Coordinator,” e-mail a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, include:
- A description of how your background aligns with this position
- Your salary history
The American Montessori Society AMS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law.