AMS Seeks Development Associate
For Immediate Release
Contact: Carol Starmack, Deputy Director
Phone: No calls please.
American Montessori Society
116 East 16th Street, New York, NY 10003-2163
June 6, 2016. The American Montessori Society invites applications for the position of Development Associate. This position provides high level administrative support to the AMS Development Department.
The development associate supports the director of development build and maintain AMS fundraising and development initiatives. Responsibilities of the associate position span administrative duties to skillful customer service and relationship building with stakeholders and donors. As a member of the development department, the associate works collaboratively with AMS staff, members of the AMS development committee, and volunteers to identify, develop, and maintain strong relationships and opportunities to ensure AMS has the resources necessary to support the quality and professionalism of Montessori education and our community.
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Reports To: Director of Development
The responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Assist in planning and coordinating logistics for fundraising events
- Generate mailings
- Process donations, acknowledgement letters, and other correspondence
- Generate and analyze monthly reports
- Create and maintain guest lists and RSVP lists
- Maintain master calendar of events and deliverables
- Assist in creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Support committee work
- Accurate data entry
- Skillful customer service
The ideal candidate:
- Has a BA/BS preferred or equivalent work experience—development experience a plus
- Has experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint; strong Excel a plus
- Has experience with database management, document retention (will train if necessary)
- Has above-average communication skills both written and oral
- Is extremely detailed-oriented, very organized, and able to meet deadlines
- Is able to multi-task, handle a variety of responsibilities at once
- Is able to work independently
- Demonstrates initiative and problem-solving skills
- Is flexible and willing to shift priorities when circumstances require
- Thrives in and enjoys working in a team-oriented environment
AMS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law.
E-mail résumé, cover letter addressing your relevant experience to these responsibilities, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use this naming convention: resume_lastname, covlet_lastname, salhist_lastname. Please reference Development position in the e-mail subject line. No phone calls or faxes, please.