AMS Seeks Teacher Education Program Affiliation Coordinator
For Immediate Release
American Montessori Society
116 East 16th Street, New York, NY 10003-2163
December 8, 2015
AMS seeks a Teacher Education Program Affiliation Coordinator. Serving under the Director of Teacher Education, the Teacher Education Program Affiliation Coordinator supports the affiliation of teacher education programs, thereby strengthening the quality and professionalism of Montessori education and building the AMS membership base. Responsibilities of the coordinator position include skillful customer service and relationship building with teacher education programs to assist in the affiliation process. As a member of the Teacher Education Services department, the coordinator works collaboratively with AMS staff and volunteers to identify emerging trends in teacher education affiliation and opportunities to improve and enhance AMS services.
Reports to: Director of Teacher Education Services
Works Closely With: Teacher Education Services Coordinator, Associates and Assistants, Senior Director of Teacher Education
Classification: Full-time (1.0 FTE); exempt
Worksite: Based at AMS office in New York City
AMS Affiliation Applications
Ensure that current and prospective applicants for affiliation receive relevant and timely information and are well served as their application moves through the affiliation process over an 18 – 24 month period. Proactive customer service throughout this process is demonstrated by:
- Prompt responses to written and telephone inquiries with customized follow-up regarding the affiliation process, requirements and deadlines.
- Careful review of incoming TEP applications to ensure completeness and accuracy as they are acknowledged and logged into the database; maintain up-to-date records and track the progress of each TEP applicant as they move through the affiliation process.
- Timely preparation and distribution of written communication related to TEP affiliation applications and certification (correspondence, affiliate certificates, agreements).
- Supportive coordination of on-site visits, including sending out relevant forms and communications to TEPs in advance, and distribution of information to on-site team members to support timely preparation and review of AMS reports.
- Effective maintenance of accurate and updated information in IMpak (database) and Laserfiche (document retention); transfer of archival teacher education program affiliation data to document retention.
- Processing and tracking orders for the AMS Handbook for Teacher Education Program Affiliation.
Ensure detailed and accurate record-keeping and processing of invoices and payments for all fees related to annual dues, affiliation and credential services; troubleshooting as needed.
- Accurate and timely processing of payments by check, credit card, and wire transfer in accordance with bookkeeping systems established by the Finance department.
- Review and processing of all refunds and tracking credits for overpayment from teacher education programs.
- Effective coordination with bookkeeping staff regarding check returns and refunds relating to affiliation actions and payments.
Teacher Education Program Annual Reports
Ensure that the materials and processes by which TEPs complete and submit their annual reports are up to date, and that submissions are thoroughly and efficiently reviewed and recorded. Effective processing of annual reports includes:
- Communications to teacher education programs designed to increase the rate of timely and complete annual report submissions.
- Timely tracking and receipt of reports from TEPs including acknowledgements, preparation of checklists, follow-up communications, and past-due notices.
- Careful review of submissions for completeness and adherence to policy.
- Comprehensive updates entered into the AMS database in a timely manner, (e.g., TEP affiliation records, web-based listings for “Find a Teacher Education Program” page, etc.).
- Utilization of staff information provided on annual reports to locate and centralize credential records for teacher education program instructors.
Meetings, Conferences and Video Conferences Support
Provide clerical and logistical assistance in preparation of materials for teacher education meetings, conferences and videoconferences. This includes:
- Attendance and note taking at the twice-annual TEAC meetings, the TES Annual meeting, and other occasional meetings.
- Assist as needed with the AMS Annual Conference and other tasks as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills—in person, in writing and online
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to multi-task
- AMS-recognized Montessori teaching credential preferred (includes AMS, AMI, NCME, or MACTE-accredited); Montessori background a plus
- Experience with a teacher education programs a plus
- Flexible, personable and collaborative
- Track record in providing skillful customer service; strong relationship-building skills a plus
- Well versed in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); accurate data entry skills
- College degree required
- Occasional weekend availability is required
Send resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the email convention Subject Line: Lastname_CoorTEP. Please use the same convention for resume, salary history and cover letter: Lastname_Resume, Lastname_SalHist, Lastname_CovLet