AMS Seeks Membership and Conference Assistant
For Immediate Release
Contact: Carol Starmack, Associate Executive Director
American Montessori Society
116 East 16th Street, New York, NY 10003-2163
This position supports the work of Membership for 6.5 months throughout the year and Conferences for 5.5 months.
CLASSIFICATION: Regular Full-time, Non-exempt, Assistant
FTE: 1.0 (full-time, 40 hours weekly, Monday-Friday)
REPORTS TO: Director of Membership and Conference Coordinator
- Generate certificates of membership, membership cards and standard correspondence in regard to school applications
- Verify AMS teacher credentials
- Maintain Laserfische
- Process teacher and general member applications
- Create mailing packets for schools and individuals
- Generate mailing labels
- Assist as needed
- Work to ensure the availability, accuracy, and functionality of the automated/online and downloadable versions of the organization’s meeting registration forms and supporting documents.
- Processes all submitted registrations (via all methods/formats).
- Provides regular pre-conference registration reports to AMS senior leadership, including summaries of registration data and trends, and identification of recent or emerging registration issues.
- In collaboration with the designated staff, develops and implements plans to ensure the availability of the systems, equipment, and technical support necessary for onsite registration.
- Responsible for registration desk on-site at conference.\Coordinates the production and distribution of registrant ID badges and related materials.
- Completes post-conference follow-up, including registration reports, refunds processing, and other post-conference tasks as necessary.
- Develops and updates FAQ
- Coordinates the finalization and tracking of travel, lodging, and other logistical needs of key conference stakeholders and VIPs.
Support Conference Coordinator with:
- Facilitates the production (in-house or vendor-contracted) and placement of on-site program-related signage
- Supplies procurement and shipping, in coordination with mailroom staff.
- Other logistical support as required by Senior Director in Charge of Conferences.
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong keyboarding/data entry skills, knowledge of data management systems a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail and organization; ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to shift priorities when circumstances require
- Ability to work as part of a team
E-mail resume with cover letter including 3 references to: email@example.com
Include "Membership and Conference Assistant" in subject line of e-mail.
Deadline: October 23, 2013.