Call for Research Poster Proposals: Deadline Is September 15
For Immediate Release
Contact: Marcy K. Krever, Senior Director of Marketing & Communications
Phone: 212-358-1250 x323
American Montessori Society
116 East 16th Street, New York, NY 10003-2163
June 22, 2012. AMS invites your submissions of research poster proposals for the Fifth Annual AMS Research Poster Session. The event will take place during the AMS 2013 Annual Conference, to be held March 14 – 17 in Orlando, Florida.
A complimentary 1-day conference registration will be offered to those researchers whose posters are accepted. Presenter names will be included both in the printed guide distributed at the conference and on the AMS Web site.
Proposals will be reviewed for strengths in the following areas:
- Relevance to Montessori education
- Focused, succinct research question(s) derived from the literature
- Appropriate research and design methodology
- Clear analysis of findings
- Application to future directions in high-quality education and/or research
Our goal is to have highly-visible, dynamic, and informative posters with findings that will inform day-to-day work in Montessori classrooms, as well as teacher beliefs and parental expectations.
You may view the posters accepted for the Fourth Annual Research Poster Session (2012) and the Third Annual Poster Session (2011) in our Research Library.
- Read the Research Poster Requirements
- Complete this Research Poster Proposal Form and e-mail it to Maureen Harris, chair of the AMS Research Poster Committee (a subcommittee of the AMS Research Committee)
The submission deadline is September 15, 2012.
For More Information
Questions may be directed to Maureen Harris.