AMS Seeks Senior Director for School Accreditation & School Improvement
Contact: Richard A. Ungerer, Executive Director
American Montessori Society
116 East 16th Street, New York, NY 10003-2163
The American Montessori Society is soliciting applications for the open position of Senior Director for School Accreditation & School Improvement.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Director for School Accreditation & School Improvement plays a pivotal role in growing and strengthening Montessori education. This is achieved through the expansion of AMS accredited schools, and through the delivery of high-quality programs and services that benefit Montessori educators and strengthen Montessori schools, generally.
This is a leadership position within AMS and, as such, involves skillful collaboration with AMS stakeholders in conceptualizing, planning and delivering value to the society’s members. As a thinking partner, leader, and senior staff team member, the Senior Director will exemplify skillful engagement with AMS’s diverse constituents.
The Senior Director for School Accreditation & School Improvement will be based at the AMS headquarters office on East 16th Street, in New York City, near Union Square.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience as a Montessori educator, with a Montessori teaching credential from an AMS, AMI, or other MACTE-accredited teacher education program;
- Knowledge of, and experience with, school accreditation;
- Knowledge of the theories and practice of adult learning and professional development;
- Demonstrated track record as both a leader and team member;
- Strong planning, project management, and administrative skills, including the ability to develop and monitor program budgets.
Additional qualifications include:
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree; advanced degree(s) preferred;
- Ability to employ emerging communication and information technologies in the design and delivery of member services;
- Understanding of the role of data collection and analysis in the assessment of member needs and the development of program and service objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and to develop strategic solutions from a systems perspective.
To apply, in confidence:
E-mail letter of interest and résumé (including salary history) directly to Richard A. Ungerer, Executive Director. No phone calls, please.
Application deadline: May 25, 2012.
The American Montessori Society is an equal opportunity employer.